Re: [foxboro] Shorthand for loopback connections (was:Inhibit alarms; NOT)

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:43:03 -0500

Yes, we have to.  Our current operational philosophy requires access to
more parameters than our graphics-building folks have time to put custom
displays in for.  If graphics were only built by those that had
configurator access, and those same folks were dedicated to DCS
maintenance, we could probably get around this by controlling graphic
access, but that is not the case in my plants.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corporation

brad.s.wilson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
09/05/2006 10:28 AM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Shortahd for loopback connections (was:Inhibit alarms; NOT)

I presume that you must allow user access to the default block displays. I
have taken away the ability of the operators to access the defaults, so
connecting the parameters back onto themselves is not an issue.  The few
parameters that I need the operators to access are available through
custom
displays or overlays.

Brad Wilson
Process Control Engineer