Re: [foxboro] Set BO01 from button

  • From: tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jan 2004 08:41:43 -0500

Rob,
        I'm assuming that you want to set a boolean output of a CALC block
from a button on a graphic.  If the CALC block is in Auto the boolean
outputs are secured so you won't be able to set them! In order for the
button to work the calc block will have to be in manual!  I'm telling you
how to configure the button if you are using the Display Manager.  If you
are using Foxview it may be different.
1. Create the button object on a graphic
2. In the Display Configurator select the button object
3. Select "DISPLAY" from top menu bar
4. Pick "select" from drop down menu
5. Pick "FUNCTION" from top menu bar
6. Pick "execute program" from drop down menu
7. In "Path name:" box enter: dmcmd setb CMPND:CALCBLK.BO01 1
8. Replace the 1 with a 0 if that is what you want to set
9. Replace dmcmd setb with dmcmd toggle if you want to toggle
   the .BO01 from current state to opposite state.

Tom VandeWater