Re: [foxboro] Question on AIM*OPC running on off platform connected to 2nd Ethernet on P90s

  • From: "Dumitru, Alex" <alex.dumitru@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:57:10 -0500

Hi Ken,

A fast check that you can do and then feed the results to TAC is as follows:

On the AIM*OPC Server host run the OPC Explorer client (in the "Programs / AIM
AT" group).
Connect to the AIM.OPC.1 and add a group with a name op your choice.
Right click on the new group and select "add items".
In the browsing pane navigate to the AW node to which you connect to get the IA
data.

When the AW is selected you will see the "@status" alias as the only available
tag in the tag pane below.
Double click on the alias and then add it to the list of tags to be added to
the OPC Explorer.

When you will close the "tag studio" window and update the OPC Explorer the
"@status" will show in its string value some information.

When all is OK the value is "AIM*AT server status [OK]".

If anything is expired (such as a temporary license) you will see here some
useful info also.

For more in depth troubleshooting I strongly suggest to have someone from TAC
guide you.

Hope this helps,

Alex Dumitru, Eng.
SI & IT