Re: [foxboro] Printing All Compounds and Blocks from ICC

  • From: "Kevin Fitzgerrell" <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 11:32:14 +0900

Pak Budi,

You can use the iccprt tool located in /opt/fox/ciocfg/api to generate
simple ascii listings of your control stations.  If you'd like more
searchable documentation, contact me off-list for assistance.

iccprt example:

# cd /opt/fox/ciocfg/api
# iccprt -p -o CP6001.prt CP6001

This creates a file CP6001.prt in your /opt/fox/ciocfg/api directory
that contains a compound, block and parameter listing of control
station CP6001.  You can send this file to an IA printer, or copy to
your PC for printing there (open in Wordpad).

If you just want a quick list of your compounds and blocks and what
type they are, next do:

# egrep '(^NAME|^  TYPE)' CP6001.prt

This will read the file CP6001.prt and list the compound and block
names and types.  Note, there are two spaces between "^" and "TYPE".
To print this list, you can send directly to your printer or to a file
which can then be printed.

You can do lots of other things with these .prt file listings too.
For example, if you want to find how many of each type of block you
have in a given control station you could write a little script
"blockcount.sh":
#!/bin/sh
FILE=$1
LIST=`grep "^  TYPE" $FILE | awk '{print $3}' | sort -u`
echo "blocks in $FILE"
for BLOCK in $LIST
do
  NUMBER=`grep -c "TYPE   = $BLOCK" $FILE`
  echo "$NUMBER $BLOCK"
done

After making this executable, and running it you'll get a nice listing:
# blockcount.sh /opt/fox/ciocfg/api/CP6001.prt
6 ACCUM
48 AIN
12 AOUT
1 BIAS