Re: [foxboro] PactWare and Hart passthru on FBM214/218

  • From: "Sweetman, Ian F" <ian.sweetman@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2012 12:35:32 +0800

Hi Steve,

Yes I have what I believe is the correct DTM for the devices we are
testing and the hart comm's light is on for the channel(s) we are
working with.

Ian

From: "Sweetman, Ian F" <ian.sweetman@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, Jun 6, 2012 7:16 pm

Hi all,

Have recently been trying to get hart pass thru messages to work on some
FBM214's and FBM218's without any real success.

The FBM's are attached to an FCP270 and the PactWare is installed on an
XP box on the mesh.
PactWare finds the system configuration and gives me a list of CP's and
FBM's attached to those CP's that support hart.
I have enabled hart in the ECB's and added the field devices to PactWare
and have checked the manual in case I've missed something.

The errors I get from PactWare tell me it cannot read from the device,
but I'm not sure if this really means the filed device or somewhere in
between.

If someone knows the magic trick to get this going or has a working
setup I would really appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks in advance.
Ian Sweetman

*** Confidentiality Notice: This e-mail, including any associated or
attached files, is intended solely for the individual or entity to which
it is addressed. This e-mail is confidential and may well also be
legally privileged. If you have received it in error, you are on notice
of its status. Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and
then delete this message from your system. Please do not copy it or use
it for any purposes, or disclose its contents to any other person. This
email comes from a division of the Invensys Group, owned by Invensys
plc, which is a company registered in England and Wales with its
registered office at 3rd Floor, 40 Grosvenor Place, London, SW1X 7AW
(Registered number 166023). For a list of European legal entities within
the Invensys Group, please go to
http://www.invensys.com/en/legal/default.aspx.

You may contact Invensys plc on +44 (0)20 3155 1200 or e-mail
reception@xxxxxxxxxxxxx This e-mail and any attachments thereto may be
subject to the terms of any agreements between Invensys (and/or its
subsidiaries and affiliates) and the recipient (and/or its subsidiaries
and affiliates).