Re: [foxboro] PIDE controller query

  • From: "McQuaid, Paul" <paul.mcquaid@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 04:38:51 -0600

Please bear with me I have never actually used a PIDE block in anger and I base
what I say on previous experience with Stand alone PID controllers and a quick
look at the PIDE block parameters in Reference document B0193AX volume 3......

What are your P, I and D, and BIAS settings? I suspect that to achieve what you
are looking for you should find it is Proportional only, I and D should be 0
(as there is no MODOPT to select Pb only). BIAS should then be adjusted to
achieve 0% when Meas = SPT. This should equate to -50% as BIAS is scaled in
output units, I assume 0 to 100%....????

Best Regards

Paul McQuaid

Mob:+44(0)7776 245320