Re: [foxboro] PICK a text

  • From: steve.shimp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2003 09:05:09 -0400

You don't need to have the same length in the plain text file.  By
converting the file over to a fixed length block file you are forcing all
the record lengths to the same size.  I use a C program to convert any text
files, but there may be an available Foxboro utility to do the job.

Steve Shimp
Maintenance & Systems Engineer
ExxonMobil Paulsboro Lube Plant

                      "MUTI, Jean-Christophe"

                      <Jean-Christophe.MUTI@AirL        To:
"'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
                      iquide.com>
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      Sent by:                          cc:

                      foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxx        Subject:       Re:
[foxboro] PICK a text
                      rg

                      10/21/03 06:25 AM

                      Please respond to foxboro

Thanks for the answer,

How do i do if i don't have the same size for each product name ?
What is a blocked text ?
What is a fbt file ?
What is a fixed lenght block file ?
thank you=20