Re: [foxboro] PI connection type

  • From: <G.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Mar 2010 08:20:54 -0600

We recently went through the same issue (unix to windows AW).  We decided to
stick with the PIAPI instead of the newer OPC interface option.  We had no
issues with the upgrade.  We have the PIAPI running on 5 separate nodes with a
mix of windows XP and Server 2003.  We too used the "go script" option to start
the interface.

Currently we are trying to get Writes to work from PI to the foxboro and can't
seem to get it to work.  When we add the "-write" flag to fxbais file, the
interface appears to start up correctly according to the pipc.log, but all the
points show up flat-lined in PI.  Anyone have any ideas?  We are at 4.3.2
FoxAPI & 8.4.2.

Thanks,
Grant