Re: [foxboro] Obsolescence and unavailability of 6 X 8 annunciator keypads

  • From: chris miller <gooooomaker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2011 09:24:09 -0400

We upgraded one of our systems in 2008 and eliminated the GCIO/AnK because
they would not integrate easily (according to our field service tech) and
thus was cost prohibative to purchase new and added cost of setup to get the
old working.  We ended up with the soft version and the operators don't use
them for the reasons stated by Corey and Tim.  We also did away with the
touch screens.  We are upgrading another system now and I will again be
pulling the GCIO/AnK.  The biggest advantage from my perspective to the AnK
is the alarm sound  because it is hard to duplicate thru computer speakers
and you have to watch the operators as they may turn the volume down (on the
speakers).
All that said I have between 5 and 10 of them just collecting dust!

Chris

On Wed, Mar 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM, Lowell, Timothy <Timothy.Lowell@xxxxxxxxxxx