Re: [foxboro] OPC Server Objects

  • From: "Ken Heywood" <kheywood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Foxboro Freelist (E-mail)" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:05:47 -0500

To further the subject thread, I think I may have found something ... when I
browse the I/A blocks, the Matrikon browser lists the available parameters for
the block type of the block selected. This is the same list I see when building
historian or configuring a graphic display. I suppose the list comes out of CSA
(pdef maybe?). I found that the gateway blocks I'm using, SAIN and SDIN, have
many parameters listed, but a key few are missing ... like how about MEAS and
CIN_1 (etc)? Now, I'm not going to ask how or why valid and important
parameters were taken out of the CSA parameter list but I am supposing this
maybe the root of my OPC problem. I can manually enter the path and get a good
value on the client. However, when a remote client process uses an alias to
access the value, the connection fails. I can only guess that OPC Server
attempts to resolve the path of an alias by doing a lookup on CSA for block
type and parameters. If the path is not established because the parameter is
not on the list, no OPC client can access the value.

So, now what to do to even have a prayer for getting some IT apps running with
apps using OPC access? Anybody know how to 'fix' CSA?

* K