Re: [foxboro] OM lists

  • From: dirk.pauwels@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 17:33:07 +0200

Hi Alex,
It seems strange to me that only this station is filling it's import
table. At the rate it's filling now i guess it'll be at 0 early next week.
What happens when the table is full? Smurfed fields?

I can reboot on monday. I'll have a look at the BO400BZ.

Thanks & rgds,

Dirk

"Johnson, Alex P (IOM)" <Alex.Johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
26/08/2010 15:15
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] OM lists

Dirk,

B0700AX, The MESH Control Network System Planning and Sizing, guide
defines the parameter as:

OM_NUM_IMPORT_VARS

   ? Total number of entries used to save station addresses for I/A
objects to minimize
   Message multicasts.
  ? You can use the /usr/local/show_params utility to view the usage of
I/A objects
   imported.
  ? You can use the /opt/fox/bin/tools/som utility (?imp? command) to view
the names of
   imported I/A objects (for example, compounds).

The filling of the table is a good thing; that means you are minimizing
the multicasts from the system.

If you can reboot the machine, you can increase the OM_NUM_IMPORT_VARS by
following the instructions in Application Object Services User?s Guide
(B0400BZ) for information on setting OS configurable parameters.

Invensys Operations Management
10900 Equity Drive
Houston, TX 77041
+1 713 329 8472 (desk)
+1 713 329 1600 (operator)
+1 713 329 1944 (SSC Fax)
+1 713 329 1700 (Central Fax)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxx (current)
alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (good until September 2010)

Attend OpsManage'10
Real Collaboration. Real-Time Results.

Click Here to learn more about these events and to register.