Re: [foxboro] Modbus Multidrop

  • From: "Deo, Terry" <Terry.Deo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2007 22:00:52 -0400

We have quite a few multidrop setups going to Integrator 30's.  I have
used the Black Box ME837A, RS-232/RS-485 copper line drivers with good
success.  They are also optically isolated to help eliminate grounding
problems.
http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=3D381,1452,1465&mid=3D111=
9 =20

On a recent project I switched to ME540A fiber line drivers.  These
devices will connect to a copper RS-232 or RS-485 devices and then do
the multidrop on the fiber side.  Because the multidrop is done between
the modems it is a lot easier to deal with devices that don't handshake
well.  They are a little more expensive but worked so well that I am
planning to stick with this setup in the future.=20
http://www.blackbox.com/Catalog/Detail.aspx?cid=3D381,1452,1470&mid=3D118=
6=20

Regards,
Terry