Re: [foxboro] Integrator 30 Style B failing (P0961BD-0E)

  • From: Kashif Ijaz <kashifijaz93@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 17:21:10 +0500

Kevin,

When MG30 fails, LEDs on the station are normal. GREEN is lit. Module is
showing failed. We can reboot through the SMDH. The FBM0 of the PLCs and MG30
start showing in RED.

After reducing the I/O scan load it is working since yesterday. We have to
observe it for some more days to ascertain if this was the cause. Nevertheless
we are keeping an eye on it.

Regards,

Kashif Ijaz> Date: Sun, 9 Mar 2008 14:37:56 +0900> From: fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Subject: Re: [foxboro] Integrator 30 Style B failing
(P0961BD-0E)> > Kashif,> > What is the status of the module when it fails?>
LEDs are green, red, or red/green, any flashing?> In system management, the
module is showing failed? What about the> FBM0 and the two PLC ECBs? When the
MG30 fails can you interact with> it at all in SMDH - reboot, offline, etc?> >
If you've already changed all the Foxboro components without> correcting the
problem that'd suggest that something coming in from> the PLCs is the problem.
I've had similar issues with the gateway> hanging because of unexpected modbus
commands or responses. The> modbus gatewey and integrator manual has a list of
the supported> modbus commands/responses - it is critical that no other>
commands/responses are being generated. It may be worthwhile to log> the
traffic up until the point where your gateway fails. With modbus> this is
relatively easy to do - you can buy or build a serial "y"> adapter and use a PC
or laptop to monitor the traffic. There are a> number of free or inexpensive
tools available on the net to analyze> this traffic. Is the gateway the only
master on this modbus network> or is there also a programming PC? Would it be
feasible to split the> gateway (even temporarily) so that the SLC is on one
module and the> Siemens is on the other? That way you could start to isolate
the> problem.> > Regards,> > Kevin FitzGerrell> > > > On Sun, Mar 9, 2008 at
2:08 PM, Kashif Ijaz <kashifijaz93@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:> > EEPROM revision of
MG30 is 3.30 . There is no dump file for this MG30 (letterbug 22MG54) whereas
dump files for other stations exist. There is a general file "dump_area.GW30".>