Re: [foxboro] IND question

  • From: "Jones, Charles R. (Chuck)" <Chuck.Jones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 09:43:23 -0500

Dirk,
One thing I would do to speed things up that you did not mention is to
bring in your outside information via USER_LABELS.

For instance:

USER_LABELS
pressP3HI:      BI0001; {::PRESSP3.HAI}
levelBAD:       BI0002; {::LEVEL.BAD}

etc...

This usually speeds up my scans to the point that I need to add a WAIT
0.1 at the end of the list so that it only scans once per BPC.  Each
time your IF statement calls out to get information from outside itself,
your sequence stops for that BPC to wait on the answer.

Chuck Jones
Automation Technologist
Tate & Lyle Lafayette Plant
solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are not the
intended
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the intended
recipient, be
advised that you have received this email in error that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  If you
have received
this email in error please notify the sender immediately. Please note that we
reserve
the right to monitor and read any emails sent and received by the Company in
accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable legal rules.

Tate & Lyle PLC, registered in England: number 76535. Registered office: Tate &
Lyle PLC, Sugar Quay,
Lower Thames Street, London EC3R 6DQ.

Tate & Lyle Industries Limited registered in England:number 699090.
Registered office: Tate & Lyle Industries Limited, Sugar Quay, Lower Thames
Street,
London EC3R 6DQ