Re: [foxboro] I/A install on VM ware

  • From: Terry Doucet <doucet427@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 11:14:47 -0500

Scott,
I presume you want to load AW70 software on top of another operating system
that is the base load on a computer.  I think that I would highly recommend
that you not do this for three reasons:

1.  AW70 software has special links to the two ethernet ports that provide you
redundant connection to the Foxboro network. Obviously, the connection is
critical to maintaining process control in the plant, but you would be in a
non-standard configuration which would be difficult or impossible to support.

2.  AW70 software expects to have 100% control over the resources and hardware.
With a base operating system other than the supported MS OS, you cannot
guarantee the 100% control.

3. I suspect that there is no license to support this, but I'm not a lawyer.

Terry