Re: [foxboro] I/A Security (forked from Southeastern Users Group Wrap Up)

  • From: "Boulay, Russ" <russ.boulay@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2009 15:10:26 -0500

The plan is for V8.5 late 2009 to have the security capabilities that are being
discussed.
Besides lockdown of un-used services, tools that can be run to let you know the
status of the machine.

Both for day0 installs and upgrades form previous.
Obviously upgrades from running systems without day0 will be more work to take
advantage of the enhanced deliverable.

Domain controller on a I/A box, dual ported for Mesh connection and recommend
redundancy in case the Domain Controller is down. Groups of users with
different entitlements, can have your own personal login and passwords..

Also considerations for "persistence" where one user logs off and another logs
on won't lose your FoxView display if preferred.

I could list many more capabilities in the secured deliverable but someone
might shoot me.., but I'm just wanted to get the "might" out of the
conversation.

There is a lot going into this project which will set quite the standard of
security for I/A users.
.