Re: [foxboro] Help sought on Configuring Trend displays in DM

  • From: Maneesh.Agrawal@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 31 May 2004 17:17:07 +0000

hi list,
 Duc and Otto,thanks for the suggestion.We were able to use the g_edit
utilities to configure our group displays and trend displays.
I need one more help from the list.
We were succesful in creating the required tend displays with the correct
ranges,but were unable to get the historian name and the description for
each tag in the trend displays.
1.I understand that by editing the historian name in the gdblk50,.db file,
the historian name gets updated,.Can somebody give the exact syntax
required for the same as these scripts are very syntax-specific.
2.Is there a way to update the descriptions which are same as that in the
ICC in these trend displays by editing the configuration file, If yes
which  file needs to be modifired and what will be the syntax?

Thanks & Regards,
Maneesh Agrawal,
Systems Engineer,Invensys Middle East,Kuwait Operations.

"Kubbenga, Otto" <okubbeng@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
05/22/2004 11:24 PM
Please respond to foxboro

        To:     "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        Re: [foxboro] Help sought on Configuring Trend displays
in DM

Correct,
you may use g_edit50 to build/update display files as used by the old
Display Manager (20 and 50 series).  Documentation and examples are
available.  However, g_edit does not build FoxView (.fdf) displays.

Regards,
Otto Kubbenga