Re: [foxboro] HLBL Language and missing math functions PER Rejected

  • From: Daniel Weinbrenner <dweinbrenner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Mar 2011 16:17:50 +0100

I´am not sure whether every Micro/CP/FCP - processor is able to
calculate the values with his given commandset.
The simple ones which consist of commands which hlbl is already offering
will do but others....

regards,
daniel

On 08.03.2011 16:02, Bruley, Peter T wrote:
> Attempt #2:
>
> And here is the rest of the msg before the Thanks:
>

>   Hi Kevin
>
>       So you are saying that you built a program that ran back on your AW
> that did the steam table look up. By doing this you loose Fault Tolerant
> protection and loose a few BPC's because you have to pass values back and
> forth. I would really like to do the lookup every BPC and have it run native
> to the CP.
>
>       The HLBL compiler is basically a stripped down version of a C-Compiler.
> If Foxboro implemented my PER I am sure all they would have to add is a
> couple of header files on the Configurator box. Does anyone have experience
> in writing new functions for HLBL? Do you think this is feasible or is it
> more complicated than that?
>
> Thanks
>
> Peter

Daniel Weinbrenner

Tel.: +49-221 / 97 460-65
Fax.: +49-221 / 97 460-99

Internet              : www.erpicon.de
Registergericht       : Amtsgericht Köln HRB 23985
Geschäftsführer       : Dirk Betzner
Sitz der Gesellschaft : erpicon software development GmbH
                         Neusser Strasse 724-726
                         50737 Köln