Re: [foxboro] General Instrument Question

  • From: <tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2007 09:24:35 -0400

Flow tube(s) inside the sensor vibrate at their resonant frequency, much
like a spring with a weight attached to one end. The resonant frequency
is a function of the mass of the fluid inside the tubes, which is a
function of tube volume and fluid density. Thus, the resonant frequency
is related to the fluid density inside. Therefore, for a given sensor,
density of the fluid can be determined by measuring the resonant
frequency of the sensor flow tubes.