Re: [foxboro] Foxview and access protection

  • From: "Neil Martin" <neil_martin@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2001 11:24:28 -0600

I am not sure if there is a FoxView limitation, but you should be able to
do what you want if you can run Display Manager and use normal XWindows
communication.  If you use Go Global instead of Exceed or similar XWindow
emulator, you may not have much flexibility because all users will be
identified as the same person.

Here is what you can do with Display Manager:

1.  Configure the dmcfg file to start the user up in a dedicated particular
Environment.  The user name in the dmcfg file has to match the user name
that is assigned to an IP address in the /etc/host file.

2.  Configure the .pulldown file in /usr/fox/sys/Change_Env to assign the
appropriate access levels (or what ever you call them) for each
Environment.

3.  Configure the dedicated Environment(s) to enable & disable the
appropriate access levels (i.e.100, 101, etc.) such that only the
appropriate Environments or other menu items will be available to the user.
You also disable omsets within the environment.

Neil Martin
Huntsman Corporation
7114 North Lamar Blvd
Austin, TX.  78752
ph) 512-483-0119

                    "RAYMUNDO MENDEZ"

                    <mendezrw@xxxxxxxx        To:     foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                    m>                        cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     [foxboro] Foxview
and access protection
                    foxboro-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    11/16/01 10:25 AM

                    Please respond to

                    foxboro

Hi, list I have the following question:

  Imagine that I have six different environments in my installation, so=

  when I open a the Main Foxview Window I am able to Change Environment=
  any of them,  is there a way to open an additional Foxview (Release
  6.1.1) and in that particular additional Foxview avoid any user to go=
  some of the environments previously mentioned?, i.e. maybe disabling =
that
  one from the list?

  Thanks in advance for your help and regards

Raymundo M=E9ndez
PDVSA Manufactura y Mercadeo
Refiner=EDa El Palito
Zona Postal 2023A
Apartado Postal 102
Departamento de Automatizaci=F3n Industrial
Equipo de MCP

Tel=E9fono:           58-242-3603518
Fax:                58-242-3604766
E-mail:        mendezrw@xxxxxxxxx=