Re: [foxboro] Foxview 99.2.1, AW70, and 1600 x 1200 pixel

  • From: JLeuker@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 14:08:36 +0200

Thank you very much, William, for replying and pointing me into the right
direction.

Here is the solution of the problem:

The file named FV<lbug>.ini is in opt\fox\wp\foxview.

In my case, it works with these contents:

[Settings]
WindowPref=0,0,0,0
AppPref=1,1,1
ShowBarsDS=1,1
ShowBarsAMT=1,1,1
WindowPos=1,1,-1,-1,-1,-1,1,1,1600,1200

The four numbers after "WindowPref" correspond to the four "allow" entries
(move, maximize, minimize, resize) in the window preferences (0 means not
allowed). None of them may be allowed (checked).

You get white bars above and under the display, because the foxview
menubar and the the System and Process buttons are smaller on the screen
with the new resolution.

It is recommended to select a different scheme in Control Panel - Display
- Appearance. Windows Standard (large) or ...(extra large) is doing fine.
The text in menu items and Windows Explorer is larger then. Unfortunately,
some items like for example the online trend configurator are a little too
small on the 1600 x 1200 screen.

I did the modification on AW70 with Foxview 99.2.1 and I/A 6.2.1 and 6.3.

Regards
Joachim Leuker

ACTEMIUM HMS Planung & Automation GmbH, Duisburg,
Germany
A part of Vinci Energies
http://www.actemium.com
http://www.vinci-energies.com

"William C. Ricker" <wcricker@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Gesendet von: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04.07.04 03:58
Bitte antworten an foxboro

        An:     foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
        Kopie:
        Thema:  Re: [foxboro] Foxview 99.2.1, AW70, and 1600 x 1200 pixel

not ALL unix...

On AW/WP70 you run into a bug.
There is a pick in one of the menus which allows you to
"View Prefferences". It allows you to specify various
display settings that FoxView will use when it starts up.
It allows you to pick things like 'allow resize', 'open
in full screen' and the like. It also indicates that the
current settings may or may not be saved. The View
Prefferences function does save to a file which is
named with the FoxView Instance name DMNAME) with the
file extension ".ini", and the letters "fv" in front of
the name. Hence, for FoxView instance ABC123, the file
would be FVABC123.ini. (No, I don't remember what directory
the file is saved in.)

If it is not in any menu now, the configuration of the menu
file entry should be :

     "&Window Preferences" "view_preferences"

Anyway, the program does save settings to this file, but
often gets one or two of them wrong. What I have done is
to edit it by hand, with a text editor.

I don't remember which settings are wrong when the file is
saved; I had to experiment to find out. (My foggy memory says
it is the first line of settings, WindowPref, and that one
of the numbers was replaced with a 3 or something like that.)

Here is the content of one such file which does work. It was
saved for a screen which was set to a much greater resolution
then the standard. The file name is "FVWPEIR1.ini" for
workstation WPEIR1 :

     [Settings]
     WindowPref=0,0,1,1
     AppPref=1,1,1
     ShowBarsDS=1,1
     WindowPos=0,1,-32000,-32000,-1,-1,0,1,1280,1025

If changes are made, the FoxView must be restarted to see
them. Also, I seem to remember playing with the four
numbers at the end of the last line to get the FoxView
instance to locate exactly correctly on the screen.

Viel Gluck,

William C. Ricker
FeedForward, Inc.
Marietta, GA, USA