Re: [foxboro] Foxboro/Invensys pulls another good one.

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 13:30:59 -0400

Now, I understand the issue - I think. Let me restate it:

Your understanding is:
1.      V6.4 is a maintenance release.
2.      Under your (and probably many others which is why I'm keeping this
on the list) maintenance agreement, V6.4 costs you nothing in terms of
licenses because it is a maintenance release
3.      Under V6.4, FV8 is the mandatory FV release and FV 99.2.1 (and
earlier) are not supported.
4.      There is a separate and considerable charge to upgrade the existing
DM/FV licenses from FV99.2.1 to FV8
5.      There is no charge to retain the DM under V6.4 - only FV users are
effected by this policy

The issues are:

1.      If FV8 is mandatory for V6.4, it should be included in the cost of
the V6.4 upgrade which under your agreement is free.
2.      If FV8 is not mandatory for V6.4, then one or more of the earlier FV
versions should be supported under V6.4
3.      It costs less for DM users to upgrade than for FV users.

You put this on the list because:
1.      The policy seems illogical
2.      The policy would seem to impact most if not all I/A Series users.

Have I stated your understanding and the issues completely and correctly?

Do you
Regards,

Alex Johnson
Invensys
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77063
713.722.2859 (office)
713.722.2700 (switchboard)
713.932.0222 (fax)
ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
For the latest information on ArchestrA, go to
www.invensys.com/Archestra.html
<http://www.invensys.com/divisions/Archestra.html> .