Re: [foxboro] Foxboro I/A interface with PLC5/30's

  • From: "Baptiste, Nigel" <NBaptiste@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 09:47:23 -0400

Thanks Chuck,

Our BMS has to comply with NFPA8502. Hence if we were to change the =
PLC5's we would require another redundant CP60 pair and I/O. This is the =
preferred solution from the engineering point of view as with this =
solution the system would be almost identical to two other retrofits =
that were performed previously at our plant.
The constraint however is budget. This in addition to the fact that the =
BMS works reasonably well are the reasons why we would be keeping the =
PLC's.

The problems with the PLC have been - troubleshooting, alarm management =
& historical data. This we intend to solve with the I/A system =
integration.

I will look into the gateway solution.

Thanks.
NB.

From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] =
=3D
On
Behalf Of Baptiste, Nigel
Sent: Monday, May 23, 2005 2:59 PM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [foxboro] Foxboro I/A interface with PLC5/30's

Hello list,

Does anyone have experience interfacing I/A with AB PLC5/30's?

I have to integrate the two for combustion control & burner management =
=3D
=3D3D
on a steam turbine generator unit.

The combustion controls would be replaced with the I/A system but the =
=3D
=3D3D
budget does not permit the replacement of the PLC based BMS.

Hence I'm seeking the best way to interface the two systems.

Regards,
Nigel Baptiste.
=3D20
=3D20
=3D20
=3D
****************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and =3D
intended solely for the=3D20
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are =
=3D
not the intended=3D20
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the =3D
intended recipient, be=3D20
advised that you have received this email in error that any use, =3D
dissemination,=3D20
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  =
=3D
If you have received=3D20
this email in error please notify the sender immediately. Please note =
=3D
that we reserve=3D20
the right to monitor and read any emails sent and received by the =3D
Company in=3D20
accordance with and to the extent permitted by applicable legal rules.
=3D20
=20
=20
=20
****************************
This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and =
intended solely for the=20
use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you are =
not the intended=20
recipient or the person responsible for delivering the email to the =
intended recipient, be=20
advised that you have received this email in error that any use, =
dissemination,=20
forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is strictly prohibited.  =
If you have received=20
this email in error please notify the sender immediately. Please note =
that we reserve=20
the right to monitor and read any emails sent and received by the =
Company in=20