Re: [foxboro] First Experience with I/A version 7.x hardware

  • From: Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 17:18:26 -0500

We have upgraded 3 systems over the last year to AIMDataLink Link from the
legacy historian and experienced a good deal of data lose. Even with
Foxboro doing it!!!!!
Problem seems to be when it hits a spot where the data is bad it hangs up.
Looks like a bug in the utility that they use to do the upgrade. They were
supposed to be working on a fix for it, but I don't know if they ever got
it done.

Troy

Troy L. Brazell
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4810 ext. 24
Cell    (806) 898 4340

Okarche C&M
Route 4 P.O. Box 40
Okarche, OK. 73762

                      "Corey R Clingo"

                      <clingoc@basf-cor        To:       foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      p.com>                   cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  Re: [foxboro] First
Experience with I/A version 7.x hardware
                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      08/11/2004 03:21

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

I don't know, since I don't have AIM-Datalink, but I wouldn't think it
would be any different than on version 6.x.  The legacy historian doesn't
appear to have changed much.
Corey

"Ashley Davey" <Ashley.Davey@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
08/11/2004 01:44 PM
Please respond to foxboro

              To:  foxboro
              cc:
         Subject:       Re: [foxboro] First Experience with I/A version 7.x
hardware

Hi Corey

Thanks for the info!

In our factories we are running on Ver. 4.3 and 6.3. on AW51B's with
legacy historians.
An upgrade to version 7.xx is planned.

I have a question with regard to the legacy historians on the AW51G -
Are you able to retrieve data from them using Aims-Datalink?

Regards

Ashley Davey
Systems Engineer
African Products (Pty) Ltd