Re: [foxboro] Fear & Loathing in Las Vega$

  • From: "Deen, Ron" <rdeen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 09:29:32 -0400

Thank you

Ron Deen (Foxboro)

-----Original Message-----
From: Stear, Bo [mailto:stear@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 11, 2001 2:33 PM
To: 'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: Re: [foxboro] Fear & Loathing in Las Vega$

SHHHEEEeeesssssh!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark V. Urda [mailto:mvurda@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, October 10, 2001 9:17 PM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Dear UNIX devotees-

Do not fear the future, but embrace it. Just as the superior Beta lost to
the inferior VHS, UNIX with its many strengths but eroding market share will
give way to Windows NT/2000/XP capabilities and promises.

Just as Foxboro for many years  has provided a migration path to protect
your DCS investment, Invensys Process Systems will provide a path to ease
the transition to the ArchestrA software architecture.

UNIX is not dead, but just like pnuematics and the 4-20ma loop, it is not
future direction of our industry.

Sincerely yours;

Mark V. Urda

Synergy Systems Inc.