Re: [foxboro] Fear & Loathing in Las Vega$

  • From: "Brian Bates" <batesb@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Oct 2001 10:58:41 -0400

Cory, thanks for the clarification.  ...It was meant to be a joke.
When I read it I thought it was flamebait.
     -Brian Bates, ROTFL

Corey R Clingo <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org on 10/11/2001 09:39:39
AM

Please respond to foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sent by:  foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

To:   foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc:

Subject:  Re: [foxboro] Fear & Loathing in Las Vega$

This is with tongue firmly planted in cheek, right?  Or are you that new to
Foxboro? <grin>

Corey

"Mark V. Urda" <mvurda@xxxxxxx> on 10/10/2001 09:16:42 PM

Please respond to foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To:   foxboro <foxboro
cc:

Dear UNIX devotees-

Do not fear the future, but embrace it. Just as the superior Beta lost to
the inferior VHS, UNIX with its many strengths but eroding market share
will
give way to Windows NT/2000/XP capabilities and promises.

Just as Foxboro for many years  has provided a migration path to protect
your DCS investment, Invensys Process Systems will provide a path to ease
the transition to the ArchestrA software architecture.

UNIX is not dead, but just like pnuematics and the 4-20ma loop, it is not
future direction of our industry.

Sincerely yours;

Mark V. Urda

Synergy Systems Inc.