Re: [foxboro] FW: Fw: SCADA Points

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P \(IPS\)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 17:08:52 -0400

Stan,

You can't get there from here. The FBM224 and its FDSI equivalents do
"standard" Modbus and strings are not standard. They may be common, but
they aren't part of the normal standard.

The only options that I can suggest are:

1) Use DI30 based Modbus Integrator with the FD blocks. These blocks
take in the entire message and allow you to parse it.
2) Upgrade to a CP270/FDSI FBM and get a custom driver.

The one feature that was lost in the move from DI30 to CP/FDSI is the
ability to bring a raw message into the CP and parse it with FD blocks.
Something equivalent can be done in the FDSI with a custom driver, but
there is no mechanism to bring the original message into the CP for
parsing.

I wish I could be of more help.

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10900 Equity Drive