Re: [foxboro] FFTUNE with PIDA

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Jun 2012 15:56:02 -0500

This is something I've lamented as well. This (FFTUNE/FBTUNE) is
potentially one of I/A's most powerful features -- perhaps not so
revolutionary now as it was when introduced, but still potentially useful
nonetheless. Yet there aren't any good examples for using them, or
classes, or tips and tricks documents, or any of that. The PSS does
describe the internal workings to some extent on the PIDA; don't know
about the FFTUNE.

I need to "play" with it as well, but never have made the day or two
commitment to do that.

Corey Clingo
BASF

From:   "foxpat" <foxpat@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:     <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date:   06/05/2012 12:06 PM
Subject:        Re: [foxboro] FFTUNE with PIDA
Sent by:        foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I 'played' with it but decided it was not for me..
To much of a black-box, to little practical examples but most of all, I
like
to know what I'm doing and have full control over all parameters.
We stick to conventional feedforward scheme's with LLAG, DTIME, CALC, BIAS
etc blocks and link the feedforward to PIDA.BBIAS

However, I could have asked the same questions when I first started with
I/A
and the above mentioned statements would not have kept me from trying. I'm
suggesting you give it a go!

Kind regards,

Patrick Martens,
Zeeland Refinery