Re: [foxboro] FDSI driver AB CSP or FDSI Driver Ethernet/IP

  • From: Kevin Fitzgerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2010 13:32:19 +0900

Russ,
Migrating an MG30 is quite a bit different than migrating an AB30.  The KB
example doesn't really apply.
Tadeo,
You are correct in your description of some of the problems.  Have you read
the migration guide, "Allen Bradley® Integrator 30 to FDSI Migration",
DI700BS?

Regarding your problem with the bit ordering, one possibility we looked at
was using each PAKIN to read one word instead of two using the /U2 suffix.
Then you can reverse the bit order in each word.

At my plant we decided that it was easier in most cases to add a ModbusTCP
module to each Rack0 and use the ModbusTCP FDSI driver than to use the CSP
driver (for a number of reasons), so that is the direction we're heading
now.  This still requires inverting bit order.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell