Re: [foxboro] FDSI driver AB CSP or FDSI Driver Ethernet/IP

  • From: "The Automation Man" <automationman@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 1 Aug 2010 18:25:15 -0400

Tadeo,

I believe there was a thread in the list a few month back about this
subject, but I think the discussion was slightly misleading. You are
correct, you will need to change to the CSP driver for PLC5. That is the
only thing you should need different from using the Ethernet/IP driver. The
hardware is the same.

Rockwell added the capability of "explicit" messaging using Ethernet/IP
communication to ControlLogix on PLC5/E (Ser./Rev.) C/N, D/E, & E/D or later
processors in 1999. The exception here is that it uses Ethernet/IP with
encapsulated PCCC (DH+) commands to access Tag data that has been mapped to
"compatibility files" as opposed to CIP used with direct, symbolic
addressing of Tag data in "native" mode. The AB Ethernet/IP driver for FDSI
accesses data in ControlLogix native mode. The AB CSP driver access data in
PLC5 and SLC using CSP/PCCC over Ethernet.