Re: [foxboro] FBM231 modbus with siemens

  • From: "Goldie, Shaun S" <Shaun.Goldie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 13:27:03 +1300

Hi Brad
You asked for other FDSI experiences so I am taking this opportunity to
vent
I tried to use the FBM233 redundant Ethernet and Schnider Ethernet/MB+
bridges to replace a ModbusPlus Gateway which is obsolete.
We did see the 40001 read for us it was the tracker FBM issuing the
commands,
At the point when the FBM's started making the FCP go single we gave up
Invensys gave us the usual THIS CAR IS NOW CLOSED excrement

I ended up purchasing a V8 Host, Switches, ATS's, FCP's and FBM233's and
all I achieved was a CP30 replacement and all the headaches of a windoze
box/hybrid system

Shaun
NZ Steel

Below are the ips responses=20

Shaun,

Unfortunately there is no replacement for a MB+ (MG31 or MG31-R)
Integrator.  To the best of my knowledge there are no plans to have a
replacement for this product.

As a workaround, some customers have used a MB Integrator 30 with a
bridge to be able to talk to a MB+ network.  Again, this is not a
replacement but a workaround.

MB FDSI is a replacement of the MB Integrator 30 and it works great with
standard scenarios.

The current version of the MB FDSI does not have provisions for
situations you can run into if a MB FDSI is used with a bridge to talk
to a MB+ network. =20

This is not a flaw since this was not part of the original MB FDSI
scope.

As I stated on CAR response, next release of the MB driver will have
provisions to support cases like this one where a MB FDSI is used with a
bridge to communicate to a MB+ network.

There is no time frame yet on when the driver will be available since
Development is still working on the planning stage.

I'm copying this Email to marketing anyway.

If you have any other question, please let me know.

Regards,
Hugo.

And the CAR
  Car Number :  1009194 =20

CLOSED TAC Hugo Reyes=20
=20
Customer Information=20
=20
Company : New Zealand Steel   =20
City : Glenbrook Customer Contact : Shaun Goldie=20
Country : New Zealand Reference : =20

--------

Foxboro Information=20
=20
Submitter : Shaun Goldie  =20
Product : Standard I/A Hardware : Windows Server 2003=20
Prod Cat. : MISC_HARDWARE Version : 8.2=20
Prod Type : 200_Series_HW  =20
Source : CUSTOMER SITE Type Issue : =20
Impact : HEAVY Priority : =20

--------

Problem Information=20
=20
Configuration : P91, FCP270, FBM233, FDSI Driver for Modbus/TCP,
Schnider Et=20
Attachments : =20
Duplicate Of :  # of Duplicates : 0=20
SAP # : 9632 PT #: 0=20
Login Date : 05/17/2007 Target Date : =20
Description : In our case the FBM233''s connect directily to Schnider=20
Bridges this is because we are trying to replace the=20
obselete foxboro MB+ INT30 gateways. The Foxboro=20
ECB201 reports a W66 Error duplicate connection when we=20
try to connect to two different PLC''s via one bridge. as=20
stated above we expect to talk to any PLC on the NZ Steel=20
MB+ Network, the current MB+ Gateway is talking to 7=20
different PLC''s. Impact is Heavy because we have=20
purchased the P91,FCP,233''s and Bridges specifically to=20
replace an obselete/problematic Foxboro product, the=20
current stage of the project has allready merged a CP30A=20
into the FCP making it very difficult to remove and return=20
equipment thats not fit for purpose. I believe I have=20
selected the closest match under Foxboro''s continuously=20
current philosophy ?perhaps the brand is the issue.=20
please note integrating Foxboro has been difficult at NZS=20
Kilns including ''Foxboro'' winning the prize for causing the=20
most production lost CAR1002242, other CARs are=20
1009149, 1007879, 1001869, 1000079, 1001265,=20
1006693
=20
History : 24 May 2007 (TC) - CAR assigned to Hugo Reyes.

=20
Response: TAC Response (HR):
DVNAME on each ECB201 has to be configured as IP address / Node number
where Node number is the MB address of the particular device being
represented.

Important:
Please be aware that the use of an FDSI replacing a MB + Integrator is a
scenario that has not been fully tested so at this moment this is not
supported.

Next FDSI MB driver release will have several improvements. MB +
scenario is planned to be included.
This CAR is now CLOSED.
=20
=20

=0A=0ANOTICE - This message and any attached files may contain informatio=
n that is confidential and intended only for use by the intended recipien=
t. If you are not the intended recipient or the person responsible for de=
livering the message to the intended recipient, be advised that you have =
received this message in error and that any dissemination, copying or use=
 of this message or attachment is strictly forbidden, as is the disclosur=
e of the information therein. If you have received this message in error =
please notify the sender immediately and delete the message.