Re: [foxboro] FBM224 and Atlas Copco Elektronikon

  • From: "Johnson, Alex (Foxboro)" <ajohnson@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2005 17:50:45 -0500

Free advice.

Before attempting any such project, buy a line analyzer. Today's
implementation is a piece of software that runs on a laptop with a =
cable
that lets the PC site between the two devices.

The software allows the PC to monitor the communications and it will =
greatly
ease your work.

I simply can't make serial links work without such equipment.

Here's a web page that you can use to see what I'm talking about:

http://catalog.blackbox.com/BlackBox/Templates/blackbox/mainscreen.asp

I bought Serialtest ComProbe (Sync/Async) for Windows 95/98/Me/2000 or
Windows NT  TD115V-R3 =20

With this and a little knowledge of the Modbus protocol, you'll figure =
it
out.

Without this? It's going to take awhile.

Regards,
=20
Alex Johnson
Invensys Process Systems