Re: [foxboro] FBM Letterbugs

  • From: "James Kahlden" <James.Kahlden@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2003 10:57:16 -0600

Tom,

Thanks for the reply. No our system is using CP40A's connected to the legacy
FBMs.  We have CP40A's with Version 6.1 and 6.3 software.  We do have a CP60,
but is using the 200series FBMs and they are at version 6.3 and have not seen a
problem there.

Jim

>>> tom.vandewater@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx 03/13/03 10:31AM >>>

Jim,
    Are the legacy FBM's that have had the problem connected to CP-60's?
I'm just curious because we had this same thing happen when we moved a lot
of our legacy FBM's from CP-30/40's to CP-60's.  We used FBI10E's to convert
from the CP-60's, 10mbs, ethernet fieldbus to  the legacy FBM's RS-485
268kbs fieldbus.  It may have just been a coincidence but we definitely have
more fieldbus communication issues on CP-60's at version 6.2.1, both legacy
and 200series.  And I remember having some problems with legacy FBM's that
had been running on CP-30's/40's that weren't recognized by the CP-60's
until we replaced or reseated the letterbugs.  I've heard that Foxboro has
made improvements in Ver. 6.4.  I still have an active CAR that deals with
issues of EEPROM updates concerning CP-60 fieldbus modules.

Tom VandeWater
Control System Developer/Analyst
Dow Corning Corp.
Carrollton, KY