Re: [foxboro] Exceed on Demand (EoD) set up

  • From: Corey R Clingo <corey.clingo@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 17:11:22 -0600

Joe,

We did not have that issue:  Our xstart (for one DM system that does not
use ssh) is simply

        /opt/ia/go_dm @d

and the go_dm consists of the lines

        DISPLAY=$1; export DISPLAY

        /usr/fox/wp/bin/blink_task -f &
        PID_LAST=`echo $!`
        /usr/fox/wp/bin/dm_wp50
        if [ -n "$PID_LAST" ]
        then
                # echo About to kill blink_task
                kill -9 $PID_LAST
        fi
        exit

We didn't have to hard-code a display number.

Corey

"Joseph M. Riccardi" <Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
03/11/2010 04:27 PM
Please respond to
foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Re: [foxboro] Exceed on Demand (EoD) set up

Rick,

Thanks for the lead.  Plant just tried your suggestion and they are still
getting the gray cross-hatch window and eventually "Errno = 4"; same as
before.  Anyone know what "Errno = 4" means?

Thanks again.

Joseph M. Riccardi, Inc.
DCS Services - Industrial Process Control

Joe@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"To give real service you must add something that cannot be bought or
measured with money; and that is sincerity and integrity." - Donald A.
Adams