Re: [foxboro] Eliminating SMTP AND restricting FTP to some IP address inAW51D

  • From: "Corey R Clingo" <clingoc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 09:31:52 -0500

We do this sort of thing with an external firewall.  This has several
advantages, including powerful filtering rules and single-point
configuration (as opposed to doing it on every AW and WP).

Having said that, incoming SMTP can be restricted with sendmail and (I
believe) inetd configuration, and incoming FTP as well via ftpd and inetd
configuration.  I'm not sure you can restrict outgoing connections, though.

Corey Clingo
BASF Corp.

|         |           Rodolfo Piedra   |
|         |           <rpiedra@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           .cr>             |
|         |           foxboro-bounce@fr|
|         |           eelists.org      |
|         |           10/18/2003 08:42 |
|         |           foxboro          |

  |              To:  foxboro
                                                 |
  |              cc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [foxboro] Eliminating SMTP AND restricting FTP to some IP
address in AW51D                                   |

For network security issues, we need to eliminate SMTP and restrict FTP to
just two IP intranet address. Any idea how to proceed?
Thanks in advance and best regards,

Rodolfo Piedra
Control y Automatización SA

_