Re: [foxboro] Dual monitor in V6.4

  • From: "Theresa Franks" <theresa_franks@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2002 07:54:29 -0500

Hi,
This is Damon Whitman with the Foxboro Company.  The problem could be that
the driver is not installed.  If you used a version of the pre-install disk
that does not have the raptor PGX32 driver on it, it will not detect it or
load the driver.  My suggestion is to first look at the /dev directory.
There should be a file called fb1.  fb1 is the device name of the second
video card.  If this file is there, do an ls -l no the /dev directory and
make sure that the file is dynamically linked to pgx32.  If the file fb1 is
not there, then that is the entire problem.  The driver is installed during
the loading of IA.  There are ways to install it without reloading IA but I
would have to talk you through that.  If your card is not bad, and the
WP/AW did not detect the card with a boot -r, this is the problem.  If you
have any questions, you can call the Foxboro company and ask the dispatcher
to connect to me to talk you through it.  I am out of the Beaumont, TX
office.
Good luck,
Damon Whitman

 (Embedded     Theresa Franks
 image moved   I&E DCS/PLC Supervisor,
 to file:      Huntsman JCO
 pic18716.gif) Phone: (409) 724-4635
               Pager: (409) 749-2859
               Fax: (409) 723-3809
               E-mail:
               theresa_franks@xxxxxxxxxxxx

                      "Perez, Claudio"

                      <CPerez@profertil        To:       'Cassandra Project'
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      .com.ar>                 cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [foxboro] Dual monitor
in V6.4
                      foxboro-bounce@fr

                      eelists.org

                      10/25/02 06:56 AM

                      Please respond to

                      foxboro

Hi list:
             We are upgrading a WP51D from 6.1.2 to 6.4 with a dual monitor
using
a PGX32 (Raptor GFX OpenWindows for Solaris) video card. We followed =
the
standard procedure included in  BO400PT but it didn=B4t work. During =
the
booting process the second video card isn=B4t detected.

Any idea?

Thanks.

Claudio A. Perez
Sr Control Systems Engineer