Re: [foxboro] D-style Sun box loses video

  • From: <MUGARTET@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 15:23:59 -0300

Hi Everyone,

Today we run into the problem of getting some HP LCD monitors to work =
properly with 51D/G stations. When we rebooted the stations they =
"hanged" during startup, with no video signal at all. After a few =
trials, we found that an LCD monitor with VGA connectors on both ends =
(CPU & monitor) worked fine, and that the monitors with DVI connectors =
on the monitor side didn't. So we figured out the following workaround =
to get rid of the "handshake":

- Set the desired resolution on the CPU with m64config (in our case, =
m64config -res 1600x1200x60)=20

- Remove pins 4, 11, 12 & 15 on the VGA connector (ID bits 2, 0, 1 & 3 =
respectively) that goes to the CPU - the ones used for monitor ID, that =
are problably used to tell the CPU the available resolutions. Yes, I =
know it sounds drastic, but it's effective.

After this, reboot the machines and that's it.

Hope this tip would be useful for someone else.

Regards,

Martin