Re: [foxboro] DNBX Solution - foxboro site

  • From: "Schouten, Frits JF" <Frits.Schouten@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'blong@xxxxxxx'" <blong@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2003 07:31:20 +1100

With the wrapping of the lines I was afraid that a bit of confusion might
happen.

Okay, here we go:

From the DNBX I run a short piece of thin coax to one of those small 5 port
hubs which has a thin net connection on the back. From one of the UTP
connections on the hub I go to a utp to fibre converter. Now we're on fibre
and go anyware we like, distance wise sort of. On the WP end I unplugged the
aui connection from the ST500 (thick to aui converter) and connected the aui
cable to the fibre converter. Circuit completed. We have lift off.

All could have been a bit simpler with a 'thick to fibre' converter near the
DNBX but we didn't have one . I'm actually not sure if they exist.

Well, that's our solution to this very nagging DNBX problem.

Cheers,
Frits Schouten.
BHP-NZSteel