Re: [foxboro] Connecting Limitorque & Integrator 30

  • From: "DOUGLAS NAVARRO" <navarrodj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2001 15:32:44 -0400

Roger,

You are are right, DATYPE=3 should allow for the 06 command to be sent. The
problem is that I need to write a number into the modbus register to engage
the relays in the field unit and not a single bit. For example, I need to
write a hex 0900 for relay 1, 0A00 for relay 2, 0B00 for realy 3, and so
on. The output from the GDEV block is a boolean ( COUT_1 or  COUT_2).

Each Six Realy Board unit has 6 relays and we have three pumps configured
per SRB unit. Relay 1 starts pump 1, relay 2 stops pump 1, relay 3 starts
pump 2, relay 4 stops relay 2, and so on.

Therefore, when I start pump 1 (COUT_1 in the GDEV block is set to true) I
need to write a 0900 into an ouput register and sent it with the 06
command. If I stop the pump (COUT_2 set to true) a 0A00 has to be written.
The question is how I write these values into the output register whenever
the parameters COUT_1 and COUT_2 of the 3 pumps are set.

Regards,
Douglas

Roger Smith <RSmith@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>@freelists.org con fecha 28/11/2001
12:25:09 PM

Por favor, responda a foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Enviado por:   foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Destinatarios:     "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
CC:

Asunto:   Re: [foxboro] Connecting Limitorque & Integrator 30

If your MDSCAN block is configured with DATYPE=3, function code 06 should
be
used for the writes.  While this data type is for registers ("analog" type
data or Modicon 16 bit data type 4xxxx), you can still access individual
bits with CIN, COUT, MCIN, MCOUT, etc.  For example, if the MDSCAN has
DATYPE=3, and RDADDR=1, a COUT can be configured for PNT_NO=1.2 to set the
second bit in that register.  I believe the same should be true with the
MOVLV but I have always used COUT's.  You can actually read several
contiguous registers, treating some as analog (using AIN, AOUT etc) and
others as Boolean.

I can't remember if the bit mapping between Foxboro and Modicon is reversed
(i.e. low order versus high order) but once you figure that out it should
be
simple.

Roger B. Smith
Process Control Engineering