Re: [foxboro] Clearing Accum block

  • From: Kevin FitzGerrell <fitzgerrell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 08:43:13 +1300 (NZDT)

Brian,

CPxxxx_STA:STATION.MINUTE.~X0000 should work fine and will reset on the hour,
although as Alex was pointing out a connection to the minute without the boolean
extension would reset on the minute after the hour.

I usually just use CPxxxx_STA:STATION.MINUTE.~

The .~ in my connection is a NOT so I get a TRUE when the time ticks over to a
new hour, and a FALSE the rest of the time.  CLEAR is true for the whole zero
minute, but that's OK because as Alex pointed out, it only clears the
accumulator on the rising edge.

Francois's solution is a bit more elegant.  Where I rely on any number not zero
to be considered a boolean TRUE, he actually inverts a bitwise XOR with 0000 and
the CP minute, which is 1 when the minute is 0 and is 0 for the rest of the
hour.

Regards,

Kevin FitzGerrell
Control Systems Engineer