Re: [foxboro] Chnage MODE to MAN from AUTO and OP to Zero

  • From: Scott McWaters <smcwaters@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 6 Feb 2013 14:24:29 +0000

MCLOPT must be configured True as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Rguercio@xxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, February 05, 2013 3:28 PM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [foxboro] Chnage MODE to MAN from AUTO and OP to Zero

Usually tie the PIDA HOLIM parameter to one output of a CALC block that
contains the value zero if in TRICON trip or normal value otherwise.  Tie MANSW
parameter to another output that goes momentarily to 1 on TRICON trip, then
back to zero.  This "bumps" the PIDA into manual without locking it  in,
leaving the operator free to change it.  If you don't want the operator  to be
able to change it until the TRICON clears, just have the MANSW read a 1 binary
from the TRICON until it clears.

Rick Guercio, P.E.
RG Consulting
918 E Desert Shrub  Drive
Washington, UT 84780
713-805-8742 cell

In a message dated 2/5/2013 2:21:02 P.M. Mountain Standard Time,
Srinivasan.Subbiah@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

Hi,
I  have a level controller and this controller to go MAN mode, OP to 0% when a
level trip signal from Triconex come into DCS.

I have short of done  this in other DCS with existing modules available,
adapting controller's  parameters.

As I am quite new to I/A system, How do I proceed? Do I use  CALC block?

I have tried using a combination of real, bool and Switch  blocks to perform
this. However, operator cannot change the mode.

Would  you please provide any ideas? I am sure that this is done in many plants.

Thank you for help,
Regards,
Srini

IMPORTANT  NOTICE ! This E-Mail transmission and any accompanying attachments
may contain  confidential information intended only for the use of the
individual or entity  named above. Any dissemination, distribution, copying or
action taken in  reliance on the contents of this E-Mail by anyone other than
the intended  recipient is strictly prohibited and is not intended to, in
anyway, waive  privilege or confidentiality. If you have received this E-Mail
in error please  immediately delete it and notify sender at the above
E-Mail address.   Agrium uses state of the art anti-virus technology on all
incoming and  outgoing E-Mail. We encourage and promote the use of safe E-Mail
management  practices and recommend you check this, and all other E-Mail and
attachments  you receive for the presence of viruses. The sender and Agrium
accept no  liability for any damage caused by a virus or otherwise by the
transmittal of  this  E-Mail.