Re: [foxboro] Changing Admin. password on AW70 TS.

  • From: PMcDermott@xxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 May 2002 10:48:42 -0400

I would also add that you should NOT change the group membership of the
account fox - it must be a member of administrator.  We had a plant that
took the administrative rights away from fox and the computer would keep
crashing with the blue screen of death every time it booted up.  The only
way to get it out of the loop of crash/reboot was to stop the auto logon of
Window NT to the fox account by holding down the left shift key during boot
up.  This allowed us to log on as administrator and give the admin rights
back to account fox.

Patrick McDermott
Principal Engineer
Hercules Incorporated
Hercules Plaza
Wilmington, DE 19894
302-594-7607

                    "Boulay, Russ"

                    <Russ.Boulay@Inven        To:     "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                    sys.com>                  cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     Re: [foxboro]
Changing Admin. password on AW70 TS.
                    foxboro-bounce@fre

                    elists.org

                    05/02/02 09:43 AM

                    Please respond to

                    foxboro

It's Illegal to change the passwords of either Foxboro accounts...Fox or
Administrator...If you change either password....fox_apps.dat does not get
processed during bootup...thus Foxboro applications will not work....MUST
maintain those 2 accounts per Foxboro standard.
This is also true for the standard AW70 and WP70...

James"
> <James.Hyde@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Sent:         Thursday, May 02, 2002 9:33 AM
> To:           Freelist (E-mail)
> Subject:           [foxboro] Changing Admin. password on AW70 TS.
>

> Has anyone had problems after changing the Admin. password on an AW70 =
> Terminal Server?  Things such as API and CSA not starting automatically.
>
> James W. Hyde III
> Controls Technician
> Wellman Inc.
> Office:            228-533-4528
> Pager:        888-634-1690
>

> If the reader of this e-mail is not an intended recipient, you have =
> received this e-mail in error and any review, dissemination, =
> distribution or copying is strictly prohibited. If you have received =
> this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return =
> e-mail and permanently delete the copy you received.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef