Re: [foxboro] Change Color 4 Printscreen

  • From: Max Brent <max.brent@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 07:06:19 -0500

Winston,

Try http://www.imagemagick.org for binaries.

Max Brent
Process Control Associates, Ltd.

-----Original Message-----
From: Winston Jenks [mailto:winston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Friday, October 04, 2002 11:42 AM
To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [foxboro] Change Color 4 Printscreen

List,

For anybody trying to manipulate images, I suggest ImageMagick.  Use the
convert utility, because you can do stuff on the command line or pass a
number of commands in a file.  It supports virtually every major graphics
format, works on Unix and Windows and its FREE.  Of course, now that I say
that, I cannot find the binary to download anywhere.  Does anybody have a
binary for Solaris 2.5.1?  If not I'll try to build it over the next few
weeks.  This would be a nice addition to the goodies for I/A CD.

>I would also like to see the command you use to capture the image from the
>screen, convert it to monochrome, and then send it to the printer.  I am
>trying to use:
>
>WPXXXX# foxwd -display WPXXXX:0 -root -out TEMP.xwd | xwd2ps -m TEMP.xwd |
>lpr -PLPYY
>
>And I keep getting a color printout.  The -m switch doesn't seem to do
>anything.

Winston Jenks
Technical Director, Cape Software, Inc.