Re: [foxboro] Change Color 4 Printscreen

  • From: "Wetton, Richard J" <WettonRJ@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2002 11:16:26 +1000

Stefano,

The script I spoke of uses the command ;

  "/usr/fox/wp/bin/foxwd -root |/usr/fox/wp/bin/xwd2ps -p A4 -I |lp -d
$PRINTER 2>$ERRFILE"

Both the foxwd and xwd2ps are Foxboro utilities.  I use them because they
look after the window selection (Foxboro DM window), as we use WP's in
windows_off mode and AW's with windows on. The display button that calls the
script, actually adds the -I to do the reversing of black and white, it
really a variable in the script.  The printers available are B&W lasers or a
colour laser, mostly HP's.  We discourage over use of the colour one as it
is expensive to run and still costs about the same to print in grey scale as
it does in colour.

There have already been a few messages about the -help option.

If you have problems with foxwd, you can substitute the xwd utility.  There
is a man page on this.  For the xwd2ps you can use the xpr, this also has a
man page.  eg:
  "xwd -root |xpr -rv -gray 4 |lp -d $PRINTER"

The -gray 4 is only necessary if you must have gray scale on a colour
printer, I do not use this, the colour postscript on a B&W laser outputs a
nice gray scale and only the back and white are reversed, other colours are
not changed.  You could use xdpr instead of xpr, as this can output direct
to a printer.

Richard Wetton.....

From: "Wetton, Richard J" <WettonRJ@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>