Re: [foxboro] Cascade Master Block Reversing Control

  • From: James B Koenig <koenigjb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 May 2005 08:47:11 -0400

I would to thank everyone for your input. I now have an idea of what to
look for. but since this is random, and I am usually not notified until
later, this may be a mute point unless it gets worse, which is the way we
have been treating it in the past. A couple asked why I had PRIBLK set to 1
in the Master block, we dont, I would like to apologize for how my block
information looked to everyone, below is a strait line view of my block
connections.

Master Block (temperature)
Period  2
Phase  1
FBK   :SlaveBlock.BCALCO
MODOPT  5
INCOPT     0
PRIBLK      0
INITI         :SlaveBlock.INITO
BCALCI  :SlaveBlock.BCALCO
LOCSP   1
DERIV  0.02

Slave Block (press)
Period  2
Phase  1
FBK   :SlaveBlock.OUT
MODOPT  5
INCOPT  1
PRIBLK    1
INITI        :AOUT.INITO
BCALCI  :AOUT.BCALCO
LOCSP   0
RSP    :MasterBlock.OUT
DERIV  0.0

AOUT
Period  2
Phase  1
MEAS   :SlaveBlock.OUT
PRIBLK  1

thank you

James B Koenig
Production Data Tech
BASF Corp.

                                    "Rick Rys"
To:  foxboro
                                    <Rys@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc:
                                    Sent by:                        Subject:
Re: [foxboro] Cascade Master Block Reversing Control
                                    foxboro-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

                                    05/23/2005 11:37 PM

                                    Please respond to foxboro

I doubt TAC could reproduce your problem, unless you make it happen with a
simulation or provide some very specific test data.  Basically the BCALCI
incorporates the FBK and the INITO functions in one connection and are
redundant.  I would try to capture the deviation between the
MASTERBLOCK.OUT
and the MASTERBLOCK.BCALCI as this is the integration input for the
Integral
action.  Additionally, I would verify that neither the master or the slave
.INITI bits are true.   One other thing to check is the derivative.  If the
MASTERBLOCK.MEAS is oscillating unsymmetrically (high frequency saw-tooth
for example), it might be possible that the derivative function is driving
the controller output.  You might set the Derivative to 0.0 during such an
event to see if it stops.  Also the derivative has a Kd filter that can be
adjusted in case you are picking up some noise somehow.  Not sure why you
have PRIBLK=1 for the MASTERBLOCK?  I think this should be 0.  I assume
that neither the Master of Slave loops are limited in any way during this
behavior.

Rick Rys P.E.
www.R2Controls.com
508-369-5186 Cell