Re: [foxboro] Calculations IND block

  • From: "Marsman, Bram" <bmarsman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 May 2002 05:24:39 -0400

Hi,

The fact that you are using include-files has no influence on the time it
takes to finish your calculation. What you probably mean is that you are
using external references. (C:B.P)
Each time you assign a value in your sequence from a block in another CP via
external reference, the sequence code will suspend 1 period of the block.
So if your sequenceblock runs at 2 seconds, getting 5 variables takes 10
seconds!
Another issue is that external references increase networkload because each
external reference to another CP causes a broadcast. Especially in the case
of continuous calculations with multiple values from different CPs, the
external reference should be avoided.
The solution is to connect your variables to the RI00xx parameters of the
sequenceblock and use user-labels in your code.
Your calculation will speed up and you network load will decrease.

Bram Marsman.