Re: [foxboro] CP60 and FBM legacy

  • From: "Johnson, Alex P (IPS)" <alex.johnson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 11:14:30 -0400

Order of the DCM/FCMs also matters to leverage the parallelism.

You should list the ECBs for the FCM/DCMs in order by most FBMs "beneath"
them, i.e., shorter chains first.

The CP sends out a message across the set of FCM/DCMs. Then it comes back an
queries them in the order that they are listed in the ECB compound. If the
FCM/DCM is not ready, the CP waits and retries.

Thus, putting the short chains first will yield the best results because it
leaves time for the longer chains to process.

Make sense?

Invensys Systems, Inc.
10707 Haddington
Houston, TX 77063