Re: [foxboro] CP60 and FBM legacy

  • From: Troy L Brazell <tlbrazell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Oct 2005 09:57:27 -0500

Terry,
You are certainly correct and that is exactly how I setup the FBM ECB .....
That takes some planing, but fortunately 99.9% of what we do only requires
a 1 second scan rate so we match up very well.
Thanks for bring that up as it is very important when you are optimizing a
system.
Thanks
Troy

Troy L. Brazell
Duke Energy Field Services
Sr. Process Control Analyst
ISA CCST
Phone (405) 263 4688 ext. 30
Cell    (806) 898 4340
Okarche Plant
Route 3 Box 95
Okarche, OK. 73762
*****************************
MS Windoze the cure for Insomnia
*****************************

             "Doucet,
             Terrence"
             <tdoucet@gcmconsu                                          To
             ltants.com>               <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             foxboro-bounce@fr
             eelists.org                                           Subject
                                       Re: [foxboro] CP60 and FBM legacy

             10/21/2005 09:43
             AM

             Please respond to
             foxboro@freelists
                   .org

Troy,

People should use the CP60 loading spreadsheet on the EDOC CD to
perform their "what if" analysis.  I suspect that this spreadsheet will
show Jaime's CP60 fieldbus - overloaded.  Although this thread started
out as a loading question that has been answered by Alex, you now bring
up a side issue that can affect systems.

The best performance comes when FBM's (ECB's) run at the same scan rate =
as the blocks.  For example - FBM04 (mA) at 1.0 sec to AIN at 1.0 sec to =
PID at
1.0 sec to AOUT at 1.0 sec back to FBM04 (could be different l'bug) with =
ECB
at 1 sec.  You can phase the blocks if the basic processing cycle =
(BPC)is
0.5 seconds and as long as you set the PRI correctly, all is OK.

If you run your ECB's at 0.5 seconds in the above example, your 1 s AIN =
will
ignore half the mA input changes. On fast changing signals, this might
get you in trouble.  If the signal is not fast changing, then you could =
be
OK.  You can run all at 0.5 sec but you need to carefully check loading.
In any case, you never want to overload your CP.

Regards,

Terry