Re: [foxboro] CALC vs. IND question

  • From: "Kevin Beauchamp" <KBeauchamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Mar 2008 21:43:04 -0500

Mike,
The attached file is a simple test that I did in 2005 to verify the
difference in CP loading between CALC blocks and sequence (IND) blocks.
From a loading standpoint this test proved that CALC blocks should be
used when possible.  It also proves that when you have to use a IND
block, global addressing should only be used when absolutely necessary.
You may be able to use this document to help solve your question.

Thank you,

Kevin M. Beauchamp
Engineering Manager
Galloway Company