Re: [foxboro] Another Alarm History Issue

  • From: tjvandew@xxxxxxxxx
  • To: foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 15:56:22 +0000

Jack,
     If I recall the 8.4.2 upgrade seemed to be a fairly insignificant and
quick upgrade for workstations using only one CD and taking only a few minutes.
 I don't think the 8.2 splash screen accessed from the Initial display gets
updated so it was hard to tell if 8.4.2 was really installed.  I do know it
caused the symptoms described by you plus some others.
Tom

From: <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2010 07:53:40
To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [foxboro] Another Alarm History Issue

Everything we have is 8.4.2(although it was done piecemeal), and the
symptoms are the same on all workstations. I lean towards it being an
AIM Historian issue, as only 3 out of 7 AIM Historian alarms come up
with the "No Alarms Found" error message in Alarm History, no matter
which workstation you use. I see others have the same issue and have
gotten no help from Fox either.

Jack Easley
Sr. I&C Technician
Luminant Power, Martin Lake Plant
Phone 903.836.6273
jack.easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx

From: <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 12:42:02
To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Yes, this is exactly our situation. We are at Version 8.4.2. What was
the solution?

From: <Jack.Easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 2010 08:54:26
To: <foxboro@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [foxboro] Another Alarm History Issue

Three out of seven of my Alarm Histories are not working (No alarms
found error message). However, the AIM Historians are saving all of
these recent alarms, as I can use apitst to see them. The problem is
just with the Alarm History callup.

Anyone else experience this???

Jack Easley
Sr. I&C Technician
Luminant Power, Martin Lake Plant
Phone 903.836.6273
jack.easley@xxxxxxxxxxxx

contains or may contain confidential information intended only for the
addressee. If you are not an intended recipient of this message, be
advised that any reading, dissemination, forwarding, printing, copying
or other use of this message or its attachments is strictly prohibited.
If
immediately by reply message and delete this email message and any
attachments from your system.